Tuesday, January 12, 2010



Monday January 11, 2010
(Posted a day late ... it's how we roll)


Ahhhhhhhhh. What a terrific weekend.


K was out of town to do some shopping in Chicago. And by all accounts she had a fantastic time. It sounds like this will become an annual thing for her. And true to form, the girl was extremely thoughtful. She brought me back some sweet swag. Pants, a shirt and a sweater. All fit perfectly and complement my personality … I mean, a t-shirt with a pigeon on a pile of bikes wearing a bowler hat and smoking a cigarette? That’s me! You don’t know me, but if you did know me, you would know that’s me.


This image is from http://www.lowerhater.com/ - a SanFran art collective.



So, while the cat was away, the mice … didn’t really play so much as dutifully work on getting things in order in the house.

With the basement renovations happening, it’s kind of hectic, so I used the opportunity to get some of our shit back in gear. That’s not to say that I didn’t enjoy myself. This was a great weekend for me. All the cleaning helped me relax. I was hella stressed out last week, and needed to put things in order so that I could be calm … and chill. Sad really.

Hopefully this week will be more normal …

Today’s Minute Music Review:

John K. Samson’s City Route 85 EP


The Weakerthans. How awesome are you? So awesome that your songs have become immediate, and poignant, reminders of many events in my life.

These songs are bookmarks that snap me back to nervous first encounters, drunken nights in small apartments and foolish moments of love and win.

John K. Samson is the lead singer of The Weakerthans and has released his first solo effort in over a decade.

City Route 85 is a timid reminder of why we all loved The Weakerthans. The music is simple, lyrics beautiful, and the whole package is (relatable). The man is an intelligent and engaging storyteller. He’s reviving a lost art. Samson is our generation’s equivalent of a bard.

Over the next while, Samson intends to release a number of EPs that all tell stories of his home province’s roads. Keep an ear out –

http://www.theweakerthans.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment