Sunday, December 19, 2010

What I saw from the other side

On Thursday, I had to drive K into work. 

And it was an interesting experience. 

I’m never on this side of the equation. 
I’m never driving a car to work in the morning.  Battling rush hour.  Finding parking. Crawling down Carling behind the slowest Lexus in the world.  Nope.  I never do this.  

You can tell.  See, I almost ran a yellow while a black and white sat watching (thanks for the warning K, you saved Christmas!).

While driving in rush hour traffic, was kind of interesting, I really missed my bike in.  I could have been zooming by the traffic and would have made it home in about half the time.  

The thing that struck me the most was the number of winterbikers. 

Oh, I wish I could have taken pictures of them all.  

I saw a minimalist fixie riding my old backroad route, an apprehensive sidewalk pusher, an electric/peddle hybrid, and two people geared to the nines. 

Good stuff.  Nice to see you guys out there.

As an aside, I’ve inquired as to whether or not I can join the Ottawa Bicycle Advisory Committee.  Here’s hoping I get a chance to do my civic duty.



No comments:

Post a Comment